Isoparaffins & cycloalkanes
ADDTEK is the key exporter of isoparaffin series products, including isoparaffin G, isoparaffin H, isoparaffin L, isoparaffin LM and isoparaffin M, and all of them are green solvents.
Comparing with cycloalkanes, Isoparaffins have obvious advantages in
1. Higher octane number. In gasoline, the anti-knock resistance of cycloalkanes is better than normal alkanes, but worse than Isoparaffins, and the octane number decreases with the increase of the side chain.
2. Lower density. The density of isoparaffins is lower than that of cycloalkanes in the same fraction.
3. More environment friendly. Compared with cycloalkanes, isoparaffins show good biodegradability.
4. Better stability. Cycloalkanes can react violently with strong oxidants, burn or explode under the influence of high temperature, light or catalysts. Monocyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are prone to substitution reactions. Common substitution reactions include halogenation, nitration, and sulfonation.
5. Lower toxicity. The toxicity of aliphatic alkanes is greater than that of the corresponding branched chain alkanes. Alicyclic hydrocarbons are anesthetics and central nervous system depressants. Liquid alicyclic hydrocarbons are irritating to the skin, causing skin dehydration, degreasing, and dermatitis. Large amounts of inhalation can cause pneumonia and pulmonary hemorrhage.