Best Ethoxy Propanol Summary
There are these key players in the worldwide Ethoxy Propanol market: Alfa Aesar, Haihang Industry,
Masterchem, Matrix Fine Chemicals, Shree Sadguru Enterprise, Wilmar Sugar Pty
Ltd and ADDTEK Chemical.
There are three grades of Ethoxy Propanol in the market: 90% Purity, 95% Purity and 99% Purity. The main markets of Ethoxy Propanol are United States, Canada, Germany and Asia countries.
Similar as many other propylene glycol ethers, ethoxy propanol is produced by the base-catalyzed reaction of propylene oxide with alcohols. It has different synonyms, inlcuding Propylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether, Ethoxypropanol, Propylene Glycol Ether, Ethyl Proxitol, 1-Ethoxy-2-hydroxypropane, 2-Ethoxy-1-methylethanol and Monopropylene glycol ethyl ether.
Ethoxy Propanol (PE) is with a characteristic ether-like odor, and it is soluble in water and also compatible with many oils, greases and waxes. It is is hygroscopic, and also provides good solvency for a wide variety of substances, including resins, inks and adhesives. Ethoxy propanol (EP) is with medium to high boiling point and high flash point, providing slow evaporation rates and good viscosity control for a broad range of polymers, resins and coatings. It is completely water miscible over a wide range of temperatures making it a very good coupling solvent for resin/water systems.
Ethoxy Propanol is used in many applications because of its good solvency and bi-functional nature. It is miscible with both polar and non-polar substances. Ethoxy Propanol provides low toxicity, which is valued by the end users.
Paints & Coating & Adhesives:
• Active solvent for solvent-based coatings.
• Effective coupling agent and efficient solvent for water-reducible coatings.
• Effective coalescent for lowering minimum film formation temperature (MFFT) in water-borne latex coatings.
• Surface coatings including water-based paints
• Due to its excellent solvency, Ethoxy Propanol is widely used in resins like epoxies, acrylic, polyester,polyurethanes, alkydresins and nitrocellulose.
• As coupling agent in aqueous organic system
Inks & Dyes & Cosmetics:
• Flexographic printing inks
• Used for nail care
• As industrial cleaners, grease and paint removers, metal cleaners, and hard surface cleaners.
• Ethoxy Propanol offers low toxicity, reduces surface tension, excellent wetting, coupling & penetration, and high solvency for polar and non-polar products.
Pharmaceuticals & Agrochemicals:
• Chemical intermediate for the production of epoxides, acid ester derivatives, used as extractant in the pharmaceutical industry
• Used in the formulation of high-purity pharmaceutical ingredients.
• Effective coupling agent in waterbased agricultural formulations.
• Due to its bifunctional nature, ethoxy propanol is widely used in a variety of industries as an organic solvent.
• It is one of only a few organic solvents with low toxicity, making it easier and safer to work with than some other alternatives.
• Ethoxy propanol is also a very effective solvent for a variety of resins including acrylics and epoxies.
• Ethoxy Propanol also provides good solvency for a wide variety of substances, including resins, inks and adhesives.
• Ethoxy propanol is also used as solvent in household(furniture polishes, leather finishes, wood stains)
• Can be used in combination with other glycol ethers due to their high solvency to meet customized formulation requirements.
• Used as a substitute for various solvents including ethylene-oxide-based-glycol ether
Worldwide demand of Ethoxy Propanol is fast growing, and this is drived by these advantages of Ethoxy Propanol:
• Excellent solvency and good oil solubility
• Excellent surfactant properties and coupling ability
• Greater formulating flexibility
• Low viscosity and Low toxicity