Product Name: Phosphorus trichloride
Synonyms: phosphore(trichlorurede); Phosphorous chloride;
Melting point -112 °C
Boiling point 74-78 °C(lit.)
density 1.574 g/mL at 25 °C
vapor density 4.75 (vs air)
vapor pressure 23.32 psi ( 55 °C)
refractive index n20/D 1.5148(lit.)
Flash point 76°C
UN 3390 6.1/PG 1
Phosphorus trichloride (PCl3) is a colorless Liquid, and soluble in benzene, carbon sulfide, ether, chloroform, carbon tetrachloride.
Phosphorus trichloride (PCl3) is used for following sectors:
(1) Pharma: Phosphorus trichloride (PCl3) can be used for production of sulfadiazine (SD) and sulfamethoxydiazine (SMD).
(2) Agriculture: Phosphorus trichloride (PCl3) can be used as pesticide intermediate for organophosphorus pesticides including glyphosate, the active component of ROUNDUP (herbicide), diazinon (insecticide), kitazin (fungicide), dipterex (insecticide), methamidophos (insecticide).
(3) Environment: Phosphorus trichloride (PCl3) can be used for the production of surfactants and sequestrants, including phosphorus acid, also used primarily for water treatment chemicals.
(4) Plastics: Phosphorus trichloride (PCl3) can be used as intermediate for plastics additives, such as flame retardants, plasticizers, phosphite antioxidants, and stabilizers.
(5) Dyestuff: Phosphorus trichloride is used as a condensation agent for naphthol in the dye industry.
Packed in plastic drum, 200kg or 300Kg per drum.